SWEETWATER, Tenn. Six men were arrested in an undercover human trafficking investigation in Sweetwater, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
The two-day undercover operation began May 26 and was conducted by the TBI’s Human Trafficking Unit and multiple other agencies.
Authorities placed several decoy advertisements known to be linked to prostitution and commercial sex cases. As a result, the following men were arrested and booked into the Monroe County Jail.
- Matthew Jason Cohen, DOB: 6-14-1978, Maryville: Trafficking for a Commercial Sex Act
- Steven Lawrence Kobylski, DOB: 09-07-1987, Decatur: Soliciting Sexual Exploitation of a Minor
- James Stephen Stinnett, DOB: 03-27-1984, Madisonville: Trafficking for a Commercial Sex Act
- Anthony Cornelius Baylis, DOB: 11-23-1983, Harriman: Trafficking for a Commercial Sex Act
- Joshua James Thomas, DOB: 3-31-1989, Tellico Plains: Trafficking for a Commercial Sex Act
- Pedro Juan Berenguer Torres, DOB: 11-30-1970, Powell: Trafficking for a Commercial Sex Act.
Read more from Nashville News Chanel 5.